Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's exciting to travel to Richmond, VA

The fundraising screening of Gen Silent in Richmond this weekend is just off the hook! I can hear their applause and support from here in San Francisco.

But I am also quietly comforted by the chance to ask people to support a message that must be heard. I feel it in my gut when I think about the thousands of people we could help. We will need donations in the next 90 days to continue showing this film to people who need to see it most: the person making policy at an assisted living facility, the paid caregiver in a nursing home, the loved one who feels alone.

THAT is why I will get up at 3am with gratitude. It is a such a privilege to be with folks who have created an opportunity to show our film and work together to help our LGBT elders.

No comments:

Post a Comment