Sunday, August 23, 2009

August chills editors to the bone.

If you edit you know what I mean. It's dark in here so you can see the monitors. The AC is up to keep the equipment cool. It feels like you work in a refrigerator.
But then...
then you take a break and walk outside into the light and warmth you haven't felt for hours. After a few minutes, the hot sun makes you grateful again for the cool place to go back to.

I have a little problem though.
I get into my car and start driving.
This is what it looks like down my secret "I gotta get outta here now" road.


I try to visit it at least three times a week. It goes to Point Reyes National Seashore.

It's only 10 minutes from the dark refrigerator I was sitting in so I'm back at the deep freeze in no time.
Someday the hard drives and the laptop will come with me in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment