Monday, August 18, 2008

Maddux works to improve pace on latest film

I’m still cutting down this film drastically (45min- 28 min). No story elements are lost so far and the pace is dramatically improved. I see now that I was reacting to all those past projects for networks that wanted incredibly fast cutting. For once I had wanted to create something with a slower pace as seen on PBS. Right now I have a happy medium.

Once all the patches are made in the timeline (the audio has been the most difficult) I’ll be anxious to screen it before an audience rather than individuals. It was a completely different set of feedback seeing it with a crowd of people. Our opportunity may come with a special screening here in LA that Trip has requested before he is too ill to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment