Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On-line review and approval as I edit

My office July, 2008

The latest documentary that I am working on is for a client in Sarasota, Florida. For both of us, it was our first attempt at working on such a long-form project (60 + min.) without the producer being in the same city as the editor.

The film tells the story of Amancio Corrales, a young latino female impersonator who was the victim of a hate crime in his hometown of Yuma, Arizona.

Using Xprove on line review and approval we have had nothing but a good experience. Our productivity has improved dramatically because there aren’t review sessions in the edit bay. It is greener because gas isn’t spent transporting people or even a DVD. And I have to say, that anxiety of watching a cut with the client right next to you is not missed. It has been clear to me for some time that remote editing will replace the traditional client-editor experience in a dark room, with a basket of candy on the monitor. Keep the basket. I’ll take the chance to grow my business globally.

No comments:

Post a Comment